Ways to Give
We make it easy for individuals and organizations to effectively support meaningful philanthropies and issues facing the Central Savannah River Area, allowing you to focus on the most satisfying aspects of giving – selecting charities and learning about new ideas and opportunities. Working with the Community Foundation allows you to utilize a variety of assets as charitable gifts, converting almost any resource into a means for giving. Our staff is happy to assist you in carrying out the smartest and most convenient ways for you to give either immediately or through your will or estate plan.
Types of Gifts
Cash is an easy and convenient way for you to support worth causes. You may either start a fund or add to an existing fund. Donors may claim an income tax deduction of up to 50 percent of adjusted gross income in any one year when deductions are itemized.
Cryptocurrency donations are classified by the IRS as property, meaning they are not subject to capital gains tax and are tax-deductible. Cryptocurrency contributions are a simple, efficient and fully tax-deductible way to give.
How can I donate cryptocurrency to the Community Foundation for the CSRA?
- Donating crypto is safe, easy, and fast. Using the widget on this page, making a charitable gift is a quick three-step process:
- Select your preferred crypto and enter your gift amount
- Type in your email and basic info (or choose to give anonymously)
- Make your gift!
- Upon making a donation, you can elect to receive an automatically generated tax receipt that will be sent to the email address you provide. This confirmation of your donation will help you close the loop when calculating your taxes.
- Crypto charitable donations are processed quickly and safely with The Giving Block and Gemini Trust Exchange.
Which cryptocurrencies do you accept?
- Bitcoin and Ethereum are two of the most popular versions of cryptocurrency, but there are more than 5,000 different cryptocurrencies in circulation. Bitcoin is the most widely traded and Ethereum the world’s second-largest cryptocurrency.
- We accept all currencies/tokens supported by the Giving Block. This currently includes Aave (AAVE), Amp (AMP), Ankr (ANKR), ApeCoin (APE), API3 (API3), Avalanche (AVAX), Axie Infinity Shards (AXS), Basic Attention Token (BAT), Bitcoin (BTC), Bitcoin Cash (BCH), ChainLink (LINK), Chiliz (CHZ), Compound (COMP), Curve Dao Token (CRV), Dai (DAI), Decentraland (MANA), Dogecoin (DOGE), Dogelon Mars (ELON), Enjin Coin (ENJ), Ethereum (ETH), Ethereum Name Service (ENS), Fantom (FTM), Fetch.ai (FET), Filecoin (FIL), Gala (GALA), Galxe (GAL), Gemini Dollar (GUSD), Injective (INJ), Lido (LDO), Liquity (LQTY), Liquity USD (LUSD), Litecoin (LTC), Livepeer (LPT), Loopring (LRC), Maker (MKR), Maple Finance (MPL), Mask Network (MASK), Merit Circle (MC), Metis (METIS), Orchid (OXT), PAX Gold (PAXG), Polkadot (DOT), Polygon (MATIC), Qredo (QRDO), Quant (QNT), Rally (RLY), Ren (REN), Render Token (RNDR), Samoyedcoin (SAMO), Shiba Inu (SHIB), Skale (SKL), Solana (SOL), Somnium Space (CUBE), STEPN (GMT), Storj (STORJ), SushiSwap (SUSHI), Synthetix (SNX), Tether (USDT), Tezos (XTZ), The Graph (GRT), The Sandbox (SAND), Tune.FM (JAM), UMA (UMA), Uniswap (UNI), USD Coin (USD), yearn.finance (YFI), Zcash (ZEC), 0x (ZRX)
- Reminder: Please only send the exact cryptocurrency listed on the blockchain mentioned on the donation form. Do not send any other cryptocurrencies (including layer 2, wrapped tokens, NFTs or other ERC-20 tokens not listed) as these are unsupported and may result in loss of donation.
Can I donate cryptocurrency anonymously?
- Yes, you can. If you give anonymously, you will not receive a tax receipt. However, there is an option to submit only an email and that will allow an automatic donation receipt to be sent and your gift will still be anonymous.
Can I donate to a specific fund held at the Community Foundation for the CSRA?
- In the “donation notes” field, enter the fund name you would like the gift to be applied.
Can I receive a refund?
- All cryptocurrency donations made via The Giving Block are non refundable. We are not able to give refunds if you changed your mind, sent the wrong cryptocurrency or made the wrong decision.”
How do I give?
Stocks, Bonds and Mutual Funds
Appreciated securities donated to the Community Foundation are deductible at their full market value up to 30 percent of adjusted gross income each year when deductions are itemized. The Community Foundation will liquidate the securities and no capital gains tax is paid on the appreciated part of the gift.
We can accept almost any type of real property as a gift – a personal residence, farm, vacation home, undeveloped parcel of land – and remove the hassle and expense to you of managing or selling it. These gifts do require certain procedures to accept and process, so please contact us in advance.
Designate the Community Foundation as the owner and irrevocable beneficiary of a life insurance policy, and you can enjoy an immediate tax deduction as well as deductions on future premiums, and the policy proceeds will support nonprofits through your fund.
Making a gift through your will is easy and may reduce your taxable estate. With this type of gift, you maintain control over your assets now and support the philanthropies that matter to you later. You can designate a gift of a specific dollar amount, a percentage of an estate, or the remainder of an estate after other bequests are made.
Retirement Accounts and Plans
Retirement plan assets are often one of the most advantageous gifts to give from your estate because they are taxed heavily if left to heirs. If you hold a qualified retirement plan, you can name the Foundation as a beneficiary of the assets and leave a more sizable legacy than may have been possible.