Getting Ready for Giving Tuesday
- In 2022 3.2 Billion was raised on November 29th alone.
- Last year, 35 million adults in the US participated. (+6%).
- Since 2020, Giving Tuesday has been Mailchimp’s third busiest send day of the year, eclipsed only by Black Friday and Cyber Monday.
The work for Giving Tuesday starts way before November 28th!
- Start using priming words and ideas in all your communications with possible donors throughout all your platforms to include websites, social media, newsletters, email signatures, and other campaigns.
- For better results be specific in your campaign. Don’t talk about all you do but focus on a specific thing you do and ask for it. Example: we need $500.00 to fill food boxes for 100 families. You don’t want a donor to guess how their money will be used.
- Make sure your donation page/platform is optimized and ready to accept donations.
- If you can include stories of past recipients in your campaign do so. It helps to develop a connection between the donor and the person being helped.
- Showcase past successes and impact. Emphasize partnerships with credible organizations. Highlight endorsements from local influencers.
- Develop messaging that creates community conversation. Don’t be the “best kept secret in town”!
- Be sure you already have a process in place that thanks donors soon after they make their donation. This creates donor loyalty.
These are just some things to think about. Here are some links to sites that can give you more information:
- GivingTuesday (https://www.givingtuesday.org/)
- Network For Good (https://www.networkforgood.com/resource/giving-tuesday-guide)
- Bloomerang (https://bloomerang.co/blog/givingtuesday)
- Donorbox (https://donorbox.org/nonprofit-blog/giving-tuesday-ideas)
Led by the Georgia Center for Nonprofits (GCN), GAgives on GivingTuesday is a giving movement that:
- rallies Georgians to support important local causes with their money, volunteer time, and social networks;
- informs and encourages people to learn more about the work and worth of our state’s nonprofits; and
- helps Georgia’s nonprofits advance their fundraising capabilities and reach more people.