Join Our Team
The Community Foundation for the CSRA is accepting applications for a Senior Program Officer
The Senior Program Officer is a critical part of the Community Foundation for the CSRA’s (CFCSRA) overall team. Primary responsibilities include oversight and leadership of a subset of the Program department’s portfolio of work as determined by the Vice President of Programs. A successful team member will work closely and collaboratively with the Vice President of Programs and from time to time, will be expected to stand in for the Vice President in representing the Foundation.
The Senior Program Officer will assist in the development of strong relationships between the CFCSRA and area nonprofits, community partners, and other key constituents. The position requires a “do whatever it takes” philosophy to effectively manage responsibilities within the Program Department and to communicate the work of the CFCSRA to the community at large.
Reports to: Vice President of Programs
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Works with and supports the Program Department team and other key CFCSRA staff to ensure the mission of the Foundation and its grant programs, processes and special projects are carried out in the community
- Develops the annual nonprofit training program and oversees its planning and implementation
- Manages and implements all aspects of assigned grant portfolio
- Collects stories, images and other items that can be used in CFCSRA collateral materials, website, and social media
- Develops rapport with fundholders and other members of the community as it relates to the business of the Program Department
- Works with Vice President of Programs to conduct annual nonprofit site visits
- Assists in maintaining the Foundation’s database of nonprofits within custom software solution
- Attends meetings and trainings as needed to fulfill responsibilities of the job
- Works with other staff members as needed to accomplish tasks and responsibilities
- Other duties as assigned
Experience, Abilities & Skills:
- Minimum of Associates Degree/BA preferred, with a minimum of 4 years of experience in area related to nonprofit programming; training; scholarship/grants management. Nonprofit management experience to include grant writing, budget development and fundraising are a plus.
- Excellent customer service abilities and commitment are required
- Must exercise discretion with highly sensitive and confidential information and demonstrate good judgment in working with a diverse donor and nonprofit community
- Excellent skills in the areas of organization, attention to detail, time management, ability to manage multiple tasks, define and set priorities and problem-solving are required
- Very strong ability to think ahead, take personal initiative, work both independently and as a team member, collaborate and coordinate with others
- Prior work experience in website editing and/or social media platform management is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, are required
- Skills and experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook; working with databases and internet research; ability to learn community foundation software and website platform
This is a full-time exempt position. Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications.
It is the policy of the CFCSRA is to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants, regardless of an individual’s race, sex, sexual orientation, color, religion, age, disability, or national origin
If you are interested and your experience matches, please send a cover letter and resume to
Rebecca Wallace, VP of Programs, at firstname.lastname@example.org.